Food & Other Musings: It Doesn't Have To Be Complicated

Saturday, January 29, 2011

It Doesn't Have To Be Complicated


So this morning - it's a Saturday and we all rolled out of bed around 8am. My kiddos wanted something "special" for breakfast - I didn't want to take the time - so I looked in the fridge and found I had a lot of eggs and a loaf of organic bread. (from Trader Joes..only $1.99) I made french toast with 5 ingredients in less than 5 minutes. Organic bread, local eggs, org. whipping cream (or whole milk), a tablespoon of raw sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Served with pure maple syrup and a bit of butter. No recipe - very little time - a fairly healthy "special" breakfast for my family. Our usual breakfast usually includes a slice of Organic Sprouted Grain Ezekiel Bread with natural (non-sweetened) peanut butter and a grean smoothie - or oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment