Food & Other Musings: Why this blog?

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Why this blog?

I LOVE food...and I've been asked often enough about what our family eats and why, so.....I've decided to write about it. To begin...I am no expert. I only have a passion for natural / healthful living and a desire to help others make better choices in what they use in their home and what they put into their bodies. My desire for "good" food I suppose came orginally from growing up in a home with a mom that made wholesome home-cooked meals most of the time. I married a chiropractor and during his schooling I learned along with him as he went through his nutrition courses. Since then - we've gradually added more and more organic, natural, and locally grown food to our diets.

My blog will include practical things my family eats and what we try to avoid and why. I will try to include links to research and other information as I have time. I am not an expert and don't claim to have all the correct information. I have done a fair amount of reading/research on food etc. and have taken some steps toward a healthier lifestyle and I can share that with you. And while I welcome feedback and ideas - this blog is not created to be a place for debate.

I recently heard Kelly Hayford, author of "If It's Not Food Don't Eat It" speak and she said "According to Sir Richard Doll, MD a leading cancer researcher at Oxford University in England, upwards of 70% of all cancer cases are probably related to diet." But on the flipside she said "60 to 90% or chronic, degenerative disease can e prevented by diet and lifestyle." So...I have some motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment